I had borrowed this cook book from the library a while ago and loved quite a few recipes from it. I wrote them down so I wasn’t in a big rush to buy the book. But now we bought the book and have found a new favourite cookie recipe. Belle picked this one out but everyone loves them. Even Dylan tried a teeny, tiny bite. My changes are in brackets.
Espresso Chip Oatmeal Cookies
from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero
(about 2 dozen cookies)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (soy milk)
1/2 cup canola (vegetable oil)
2 tbsp ground flax seeds
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp instant espresso powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (fine sea salt)
1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats (Minute oats)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (vegan compound chocolate chips)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and add the next 5 ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips and stir until everything is moist and combined.
- Place large tablespoons of dough 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 14 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes and then cool completely on a wire rack.